What are On-Site Lab Tests?
When working with a patient, it sometimes helps our physicians Drs. Shane Hill and Scott Rundle to have more information from their patient. This can usually be obtained through a blood draw or urine sample. Typically, these sorts of tests have to be completed at an off-site lab with the results returned to the office. However, at MedNorth Urgent Care, we have an on-site lab so rather than requiring you to make one extra trip, we can perform those necessary tests right in our office and get the results back quickly. This saves you time, expense, and an extra trip or two. If you're in need of effective and efficient care, visit our Kalispell, MT clinic today.
What Are The Benefits Of Our On-Site Lab?
Our on-site lab at MedNorth Kalispell Urgent Care Clinic offers a number of convenient benefits over having to send your results to an outside lab, including:
- Providing some results in about 15 minutes
- Saving you time and money
- Offering state-of-the-art diagnostic and testing technologies
- Achieving more accurate diagnoses
- Ensuring you receive the correct treatment faster
What Types of In-Office Lab Tests are Offered?
At MedNorth Urgent Care, we want it to be easy and convenient to get quality medical care. That's why we have an in-office lab so you can get the most accurate results possible without extra trips and expenses. We offer a variety of testing, including:
- Metabolic panel: Measures overall health, like blood sugar, electrolytes, kidney and liver health, and more
- Complete blood count (CBC): Tests for blood-related diseases by measuring the number of red and white blood cells
- Lipid panel: Determines risk for heart attack and other cardiac problems by measuring cholesterol and triglyceride levels
- Thyroid-stimulating hormone: Checks for the body's regulatory hormone (TSH) by measuring thyroid and hormone health
- Prothrombin time: Check's the body's ability to repair itself by measuring the time it takes for blood to clot
- Urinalysis: Checks for signs of kidney problems, diabetes issues, and much more through a urine sample
All of these tests can help our team get a better idea of your health so we can create thorough diagnosis and treatment plans.
On-site lab FAQs
Who is a good candidate for lab testing?
Anyone who wants to take an active role in their health management is a candidate for our on-site lab at MedNorth Urgent Care. Our staff can test for a wide variety of conditions that impact your quality of life, including high cholesterol, diabetes, thyroid issues, and kidney problems. If you are experiencing symptoms, our lab can also help give you the answers you need.
Are your lab test results reliable?
Absolutely. All of our test results are reviewed and confirmed by our trained medical providers in Kalispell, MT. Lab testing is a great way to take charge of your health and jump-start treatment. It can also be used as a tool to track progress over time. If results are abnormal, we will contact you with recommendations or perform additional testing before moving forward.
How much do lab tests cost?
Health insurance plans vary, so it's best to check with your health insurance company for an estimate. Our administrative staff will be happy to assist you in this process, including helping you understand what's covered by your provider. We also frequently work with patients to find a payment plan that fits their budgets and lifestyle needs.
Fast Results for Your Busy Life
We know you're busy. That's why at MedNorth Urgent Care, we offer in-office lab testing. Not only does this save you some money, but it will also save you time and a few extra trips across town. Drs. Shane Hill and Scott Rundle and their experienced medical team are proud to offer a variety of medical services at their Kalispell, MT clinic. Utilizing state-of-the-art technologies, we are able to provide accurate diagnoses and treatments using our on-site lab testing in as little as 15 minutes in some cases.